Wednesday, May 04, 2005

another bday

As usual, lots going on. Time to re-evaluate things.

Surfrider - I'm worried about burning out. I've been doing this a while and I'm kinda over it.
Bad roommate situation - need to show Matt how to do dishes. and not eat my food.
Environmental consulting - I've been doing this a while but I'm changing jobs so I'm not over it.
Having birthdays where I'm over 30 - I've been doing this a while and there's no end in sight.
not working out/going to the gym - I've been doing this a while and need to go regularly.

Got a new job, same stuff but better pay. We'll see how it goes. Don't want to be chasing birds when I'm 35. That gives me three years to get my shit together and change things because I turn 32 tomorrow. Dammit. I got my driver's license 16 years ago. Gotta roll with the punches, I guess.

Side note - I've noticed my g-friend claims she doesn't get PMS. Perhaps she doesn't get bitchy like other women (thank Gawd!) but she's certainly less affectionate and less interested in me around that time of the month. Funny. Her converstaion borders on curt and there is less empathy than usual. Which means what? Well, it means she's human and prone to changes in demeanor from time to time. Like I have any room to talk...

Surfing is good but like Patton once said, "Glory, in victory, is fleeting..." Perhaps this is why I'm drawn back every day; to chase that glorious feeling of shwacking the lip, cutting back with reckless abandon and ducking into barrels with a clear mind. We are drawn to do the dance and revive our stoke. Constant stoke and hope for more swell is what keeps us coming back. May it continue for a long while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home