Tuesday, January 11, 2005

whether the weather will clear

It's been a long time since getting in the water. My bro Kevin has been forecasting some swell for Thursday and now the models (wave models, not slinky doe-eyed beauties) seem to agree. As usual, he's ahead of the curve. As good friends should be.

The deluge of the past two weeks is enough to make a surfer and biologist cry. For one, I haven't been able to surf much - and I threw my back out on Jan. 2nd trying to pop to my feet anyways. Dammit. Recovery has been decent, though it's never fast enough. On the flip side, I'm going to have plenty of work this spring, which will help me stash some cash for the trip to the southern hemisphere in June/July.

Spoke with the boys in Tahoe - Darren and Jonny. Both are stoked with conditions, and hey, who wouldn't be? 12+ feet in two weeks? Or more? Retarded. Awesome. Wish I was there.

Getting the back healed, working out, eating my veggies. The new year always involves a renewed vigor for me. As it should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home